Click the picture for the YouTube episode.
This week, Mick and Daniel searched "high" AND "low" for the full LOW-down on octave pedals - You see what we did there? Like, "high" and "LOW-down"... octaves... OK, never mind!
Daniel and Mick show off six pedals that all have their own little twist on the octave pedal genre. It's those little details that make one more useful to you and your style of playing. They don't deal with Octave Fuzz, which is a slightly different approach. This episode is just about, up, down and ployphonic octave generators.
Pedals In This Episode…
• Digitech Whammy 5
• EHX Micro POG
• EHX POG2
• TC Electronic Sub’N’Up
• T-Rex Quint Machine
• Boss OC-3 Super Octave
• Fulltone OCD V7
• Strymon El Capistan
As ever, all switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2. www.thegigrig.com
* Why do we have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
Interesting bits and go-to sections…
• Boss OC-3 Super Octave discussion and sounds: 3:08 & 34:56
• Digitech Whammy 5 discussion and sounds: 6:23
• Electro-Harmonix POG2 discussion and sounds: 9:48
• Electro-Harmonix Micro POG discussion and sounds: 19:02
• TC Electronic discussion and sounds: Su b’N’Up: 21:51
• T-Rex Quint discussion and sounds: 28:45
• All on at once/World War III… 40:30
Guitars in this episode
Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster – watch Mick’s video at http://bit.ly/2cQv3yT
Gretsch G6118T-LIV Players Edition Anniversary
Amps this episode
Fender Super Reverb Reissue with 4x10 Jensen P10R speakers
• Victory The Sheriff 44 with V212VH cabinet
We hope you enjoy this video. Please subscribe to their channel.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support their efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
They are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives
Fender®, Squier®, Stratocaster®, Telecaster®, Precision Bass®, Jazz Bass® and the distinctive headstock designs commonly found on the Strat®, Tele® and P Bass® guitars are registered trademarks of Fender Musical Instruments Corporation.