I have to be honest, I'm learning so much through these videos... I'm also learning that some of the choices I'm making in regards to my own rig have now been given reasons.
THIS is such a useful show (HERE), no matter if you play with gain, or always keep it clean. In this episode Daniel and Mick discuss ‘clean’ tones... or at least start to.
There's so much to discuss - with compression, light overdrive and tremolo, nevermind some of the modulation, that's so important for bringing life to basic clean tones.
Pedals Featured In This Episode…
• Analog Man Bi-Chorus (loop 7) http://bit.ly/2cSoL11
• Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress Flanger/Filter Matrix (loop 4) http://bit.ly/2fmdT8h
• Boss BD-2 Blues Driver (loop 6) http://bit.ly/2g1XxVH
• Hamstead Soundworks Signature Analogue Tremolo (loop 3) http://www.hamsteadsoundworks.com/
• Vemuram Jan Ray (loop 2) http://www.vemuram.com/janray-top.html
• Origin Effects Cali76 Compact Deluxe Compressor (loop 1) http://bit.ly/2cyd9NR (This has been a real seller for us since Daniel & Mick included it in previous videos)
• Strymon TimeLine (loop 8) http://bit.ly/2eE84Td
As ever, all switching and routing is handled by TheGigRig G2 – watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dSt4Ev
Why do they have preferred retailer links? Find out here: http://www.thatpedalshow.com/partners
• Intro & housekeeping: 00:00 - 02:15
• Today’s amps: 02:15
• Compressor clean sounds: 9:56
• Using an overdrive pedal and your guitar volume pot: 14:46
• Treble bleed mod and retaining high end: 16:12 (demo) & 18:24 (explanation)
• Why tremolo is totally ace: 23:34
• When is clean not clean? 28:40
• Clean BB-style blues: 34:26
• Barely perceptible OD into all three amps: 37:07
• Guitar makes a massive difference: 39:41
• A very quick look at modulation. Very quick - more another time! 43:33
Amps in this episode
Fender Super Reverb reissue with 4 x 10-inch Jensen P10R speakers (amp output 2)
1970s Roland JC-120 (loop 10)
1961 Vox AC30 (amp output 1)
Guitars in this episode
Fender American Vintage ’62 Stratocaster
Fender Custom Shop ’63 Telecaster – watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2dlZJ6K
Nik Huber Krautster II – watch Dan’s video at http://bit.ly/2fKv0RU
Grestch G5422TG Electromatic Hollow Body
Gibson ES-335 (2000s Dot model), belonging to Peter Honoré
We hope you enjoy this video.
Please subscribe to our channel and theirs.
You may even want to buy a T-shirt to support their efforts https://www.thatpedalshowstore.com
They are also on Patreon – crowdfunding for creatives https://www.patreon.com/ThatPedalShow